I must confess… we had these for dinner. I wanted to try this recipe out before I make it for guests or a special occasion, so we took one for the team and indulged on these bits of goodness. What’s not to love about brie and mushrooms?
Credit: The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond
12 ounces white button mushrooms, washed
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 or 5 green onions, sliced (up to the middle of the dark green part)
Splash of white wine (optional)
One 8-oumce wedge of Brie cheese, cut into bite-size chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
3. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushroom caps and toss them around for about a minute.
4. Remove the mushrooms from the skillet and place them in a baking dish.
5. Add the parsley, garlic, green onions, and wine (if using) to the skillet. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to release the flavors. Remove from heat.
6. Place a bite-size piece of Brie inside of each mushroom cap.
7. Pour the parsley mixture over the top of the mushrooms.
8. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve straight out of the oven or at room temperature.