Long story short: YUM! This is one of my new favorite meals.It is very quick and easy for a weeknight, but bright and flavorful as well. Plus, it’s just pretty. If you’ve already got a jar of homemade pesto in the freezer like I did, this meal comes together in a snap.(Especially if you’ve already got your shrimp cleaned and ready to go.) It reheats pretty well too. My hubby and I both had leftovers for lunch the next day and very much enjoyed it.
Pasta with Shrimp and Pesto Cream Sauce
Adapted from: The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond
1 cup Basil Pesto
2 tablespoons butter
12 ounces corkscrew pasta
4 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup Parmesan
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 bag frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled, de-veined
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Bring pot of water to a boil.
2. Prepare Basil Pesto.
3. Heat the heavy cream and butter in a saucepan. Add pesto. Stir in Parmesan and simmer over low heat for a few minutes.
4. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
5. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute shrimp, about 2-3 per side, until pink. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Drain pasta and place it in a large serving bowl. Add the pesto Cream. Top with diced tomatoes and cooked shrimp. Stir and serve.