Rib-Eye Steak with Onion-Blue Cheese Sauce
Credit: The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond
4 rib-eye steaks (about 5 ounces each)
salt and black pepper to taste
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
1 large yellow onion, sliced
1 cup heavy cream
3 to 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper and smear both sides of the steaks with ½ stick of the butter.
- Grill the steaks until medium rare, 3 to 4 minutes per side, then remove from the heat and keep warm. (You can also saute them in a skillet over medium-high heat if you prefer.)
- Melt the remaining 1/2stick butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then saute the onion until golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Pour in the cream, then add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce.
- Let it bubble up, then add the blue cheese. Stir it together to melt the cheese, adding more pepper or Worcestershire as you wish.
- Place the steaks on plates, the spoon the sauce over the top.