- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 pizza 1x
- 1/2 recipe Homemade Pizza Dough or your favorite store-bought pizza dough
- 3–4 very thin slices of Prosciutto (or 6 strips bacon, fried and roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot or green onion (white parts)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced or torn into pieces
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 large eggs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions (green parts)
- Prepare pizza dough as directed in recipe.
- On a pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal stretch the dough out to your desired size and thickness.
- Place a pizza stone or cast-iron pizza pan in oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet set over medium heat. Saute garlic and shallot until lightly golden. Remove from heat.
- Spread oil/garlic mixture in a thin layer all over the top of the dough. (This is the”sauce”.)
- Tear Prosciutto into several pieces and arrange in an even layer, followed by mozzarella and mushrooms. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top.
- Gently crack 3 eggs onto the pizza. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently slide assembled pizza onto preheated baking stone in oven.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sliced green onions.
- Serve immediately.