I love Clif bars. I eat a white chocolate macadamia nut Clif bar on my way to work almost every morning. They are so good. Here’s to hoping that I can make my own similar version. The biggest problem I have is deciding what I want to add to them! This time, I’m using mini chocolate chips and coconut, since my Hubby always prefers chocolate chip energy bars. They turned out really well though, they were nice and chewy but not super sticky. I can’t wait to try some other versions soon.
Homemade “Clif” Bars
Adapted from: cookiesandcups.com
1 cup old fashioned oats
3 large biscuit style shredded wheat cereal
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray an 8×8 pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Place coconut in food processor and pulse until lightly chopped.
- Add the shredded wheat, oats, cinnamon and salt in food processor and pulse until mixture is finely chopped and incorporated.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, honey, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Add the oat mixture and chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake 15-18 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
- Let cool completely in the pan before slicing into squares.
**I also drizzled melted chocolate over the top.