Making your own croutons at home is a quick and easy way to use up leftover bread, and they taste much better than store-bought! Use these Parmesan Skillet Croutons to add some crunch to your favorite salad, or to make Fresh Tomato and Mozzarella Panzanella.
Parmesan Skillet Croutons
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
- 3 cups cubed day-old baguette
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Toss all of the ingredients together in a bowl until the bread cubes are well coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the seasoned bread cubes to the pan and cook, turning occasionally, until golden all over, 5 to 7 minutes.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Use these croutons to add crunch to your favorite salad, or to make Fresh Tomato and Mozzarella Panzanella
Adapted from: Homemade with Love by Jennifer Perillo